Howdy folks! 😊
So, we tackled Brown Dinner Rolls in the last ‘Bread’ recipe we did, and some folks complained that they don’t enjoy Brown bread despite all the health benefits 😊.
So, in order to please the people, here’s a recipe for White Bread rolls that I’m sure everyone will love! 😋
Easy to make and totally delicious 👌🏾 – these rolls are made with white flour, which is more refined and leads to a more springy , and smoother taste – unlike their more chewy, brown counterparts made with brown flour. 😊
You’ll enjoy these as part of a meal 🍵, or with a cuppa Tea, and a spot of jam.
Here’s the recipe below if you want to give these a go:
White Bread RollsCourse: SidesDifficulty: Medium
3 cups All purpose flour
3 Tablespoons Sugar
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Packet Yeast or 2 1/2 Teaspoons
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/3 cup unsalted Butter or Margarine, melted
1 cup warm milk (not hot!)
- 😊 Start by whisking together the warm milk, yeast, and 1 Tablespoon of sugar in a measuring cup or bowl. You can use a whisk or fork for this. Allow this mixture to sit and ‘foam’ covered, for 5 minutes.
⛔️ Remember, the milk must be warm, Not hot.
- While the yeast mixture is processing, proceed to sieve the dry ingredients. Flour, salt and baking powder. 😊
- After 5 minutes, transfer the Yeast mixture to a larger mixing bowl. Add to that, the remaining sugar, egg and butter. Mix well. 😊
- Next, add 1 cup of flour and mix that in. You can use a mixer if you have one, or a spatula like this one. 😊 Once the flour is fully mixed in, add the remaining flour to the bowl, and mix.
- After about 2 or 3 minutes, or when the dough comes together and pulls away from the sides of the bowl, you can proceed to handle it by hand.😊 If its too wet or sticky, where handling it by hand can’t work, add in 1 or 2 tablespoons of flour, Maximum.
⛔️ This is just to make it easier to knead with lightly floured hands.
- At this stage, remove the dough from the bowl and knead it by hand on a floured surface for 2 or 3 minutes, and then transfer it to a bowl, pre-greased with some oil or butter. Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel, and allow the dough to rise in a warm environment (perhaps near the stove) until it doubles in size. About 1 or 2 hours. 😊
- After 2 hours, the dough is ready. You can press it down with your fingers to release the air. Then transfer it back to the floured surface. 😊
- Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces, for medium sized rolls and then shape each piece by hand, into a smooth ball. Place these into your pre-greased baking pan. I used a Pyrex dish instead. 😊 Cover the pan again with the kitchen towel and allow the rolls to rise for another 45 mins to an hour.
*Turn on your oven to pre-heat at 180 degrees Celsius.
Patience is a virtue. 😊
- After an hour, they will look like this and are almost ready to be baked. 😊
- Make the egg wash by whisking together the remaining egg with a tablespoon of Water, and then brush the surface of the Bread rolls with this mixture. 😊
Bake on the lower rack of the oven for about 20 minutes or so, at 180 degrees.
- Once the rolls are ready, remove from the oven and set aside on a cooling rack. While still warm, brush the top with some melted butter or oil. 😊
- Separate the rolls and serve. 😊
Pingback: Chicken Noodle Soup - www.lubzonline.com