Howdy folks! 😊
When you’re under the weather and have lost your appetite, few things will interest you to the table like Chicken Noodles soup. Legend has it that it will cure everything 😊, especially the Flu. Though I will reserve my comment on Corona virus 😉.
This flavorful broth infused with fresh herbs and vegetables will have you feeling better in no time! 😊
Eezee Instant Noodles are always a treat and work well in this recipe. They are tasty and shorten the cooking time 😊.
You’ll also love this soup on those days when you just want to have a light and lazy meal! So easy 😊
Are you ready to try it? 😊 Here’s what you’ll need! :
Chicken Noodle SoupCourse: Main
2 large Carrots
2 packets of Eezee Noodles (Instant Noodles)
1 Medium Onion
1 Full Green onion stem
800ml chicken stock
2 Bay leaves
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
350g cooked chicken
Fresh parsley leaves
3 sprigs of fresh Thyme (Dry Thyme works just as well)
1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
1 pack Noodles seasoning (comes in the noodles pack)
2 cloves Garlic
1 medium Green Pepper (optional)
- Start by chopping the carrots into cubes. I prefer these tiny ones. Last thing you want to do when you’re unwell is to exert energy chewing on carrot chunks 😊.
- Next, chop the onions. I used 1 whole medium white onion, and 1 whole green onion. Just to get the rich flavor from both. 😊
- Heat some olive oil in a saucepan and add the carrots, onion, ginger, thyme, green pepper and bay leaves. Saute for about 3 minutes. Season with the noodle soup mix, from the Eezee Noodles pack. 😊
- Prepare the chicken broth, per package instructions, dissolving the powder into boiling water. You’ll need about 800ml, 2 of these medium measuring cups. Pour that into the sauteing vegetables and allow the broth to come to a boil for about 5 minutes. 😊
- While that boils, cut the chicken into pieces. I used 5 chicken thighs, previously grilled and cut them into bite sized pieces.😊
- Add the chicken to the broth, and allow the soup to come together 😊. If you want it more creamy consistency, you can add 1/2 cup of milk or cream to the soup.
- While the broth simmers, open the packs and break the noodles into smaller bits. 😊
- Add the noodles to the pot and allow them to soften. Remember, these cook quickly (3 minutes) so the soup must be relatively ready before adding the noodles. 😊
- Finely chop the parsley and mix it in a few minutes before serving! The freshness here is 🔥🔥🔥.
- And there you have it! The soup is ready! 😋
- Serve with a side of butter toasted bread, and Enjoy! 😊😋