Howdy folks! 😊
The thing I love about salads is just how easy and uncomplicated they are to make, while being altogether delicious. And this Bean Salad is exactly those things.
This recipe is a combination of different bean varieties, served in a light dressing that is a great accompaniment for any meal. 😋 The standard Bean salad recipe goes with 3 types of Beans, but why stop there? I threw in some Chickpeas for good measure. 😉
Perfect with grills and other light meals, this is certainly a recipe you’ll turn to often. 😊
Here’s what you’ll need :
Bean SaladCourse: SidesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 can Kidney Beans, in brine.
1 can Butter Beans, in brine.
1 can Chick Peas, in brine.
2 cups cooked Green Beans
1 Medium Red Onion
4 Tablespoons fresh Parsley, chopped
1/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
4 Tablespoons Honey
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Celery Salt/Seasoned salt
- Start by preparing the green beans by washing and cutting them into lengths of about 2 cm. Cook these for about 5 minutes max, with a little bit of salt to taste. 😊
*Don’t overcook the beans – They must remain green, and not turn brown.
- Open the cans of beans being used, and drain out the brine. You can rinse the beans after that, though I prefer not to, so as to not distort the taste too much. Set aside. 😊
- Next, chop the Parsley and the onion, and set them aside so you can proceed to make the dressing.
- Gather all your dressing ingredients together – oil, pepper, salt, honey, vinegar – and combine everything in a small bowl, or jar.
*I used a jar, because its easier to just shake the bottle and mix everything together. 😊
- Transfer all the beans’ to a large bowl. Add to that the chopped onions and Parsley.😊
- Next, pour in the salad dressing and gently mix everything together. Gently because the beans are already cooked, so you don’t want a ‘mash’ on your hands. 😊
Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, mix through once, then transfer to your serving dish and serve as part of a meal.