Howdy folks! 😊
Rice remains a favorite starch option for many a meal. But plain, white rice can quickly get boring if you eat it all the time. So, there’s several ways you can make it more interesting. Two examples are Coconut Rice and Yellow Butter Rice. Both very delicious! 😋
If even those are not on the radar…and you want to try another option, there’s Savory Soy Rice. 😋
This is an easy, and yet delicious savory rice inspired by many Asian, fried, savory rice dishes. 👌🏾 But this is the shorter version. 😉 Rest assured you will love this rice dish, and more importantly – no gravy is required! Saving you precious time ⌚️ and ingredients. Unless, you’re a ‘Gravy addict’ of course…then I can’t help you with that, I’m afraid lol.
So without further ado…here’s the Savory Soy Rice recipe. Enjoy! 😋
Soy Sauce RiceCourse: SidesDifficulty: Easy
3 cups White, long grain Rice
2 Teaspoons Seasoned salt
5 Tablespoons Dark Soy Sauce
2 small cloves of Garlic, chopped
3 Tablespoons Vegetable oil
2 Teaspoons, Paprika
6 cups, boiling hot water
- Start by sorting the rice and washing it repeatedly until the water runs clear. This is get rid of as much of the starch as possible, so the rice doesn’t get ‘gummy.’ 😊
- Once done, then measure out and gather all your seasonings together. 😊
- Heat the oil in a medium sized saucepan, then add the garlic. Fry for only a minute or so, before adding the rice – and spreading it in an even layer at the bottom of the pan. Cover and allow this to cook for about 3 minutes. 😊
- Three minutes later, the rice will start turning translucent at the top – this is your queue to stir through with your wooden spoon 😊 . Keep frying for another 3 minutes.
- Next, add the seasoned salt and paprika. Combine until evenly distributed.
- And then add the Soy sauce. Fry for 4 minutes. 😊
- At this stage, add 4 cups of boiling water, and allow the rice to cook, covered until the water if fully absorbed and disappears. 😊 About 5 minutes. And then add the remaining water, and repeat. Turn off the heat at the 8minute mark – allowing the rice to cook in the residual steam at the end. And your rice is ready! 😊
- You can serve and enjoy the rice with Garlic Grilled Chicken – no gravy required. Plus a Tomato Cocktail Salad on the side wouldn’t hurt either! 😋