Howdy folks! 🙂
If there’s anything I don’t like serving…it is plain, boring rice 🙁 And coconut rice is anything but that 🙂 This is an Asian recipe that I can guarantee you will love! Nothing is as flagrant and flavorful as coconut nice. You can have this with a stir fry, or your favorite stew.
Here’s the recipe below. Let me know how it goes! 😉
Coconut RiceCourse: MainCuisine: ThaiDifficulty: Medium
2 Cups of Long grain White Rice (Jasmine, Basmati, Nakonde)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 can (400ml) of Coconut Milk
1 1/2 cups of Boiling water
- Like any standard Rice recipe, start by sorting and washing the rice until the water runs clear.
- Once washed, place the rice in a medium sized saucepan, and add your salt.
- Open your can of Coconut milk and empty it into a jug.
- Don’t worry if the coconut milk is lumpy. This is normal, and where your boiling water comes in 😉
- From a kettle, add your 1 1/2 cups of boiling water to the coconut milk, and mix until smooth.
- Pour your coconut milk mixture into the pot over the rice, and then transfer the pot to the stove to cook on Medium – high heat for 15-20 minutes.
- It will look like this as it boils. As the liquid recedes, reduce the heat and allow the rice to steam. At this stage…the coconut aroma should nicely fill the air in the room 🙂
- When the liquid is fully absorbed, fluff your rice with a fork to separate the grains.
- Serve and enjoy!
- PS. Completed my Thai inspired meal by having my rice with a Chicken Stir fry! Yum 🙂