Howdy Folks! 🙂
Today we tackle a simple Grilled chicken recipe that is so easy, that anyone can make it :-). The star flavoring of this dish is Garlic, and so you do need quite a bit of it – and just a couple of other ‘non-competing’ seasonings. 🙂
Do try out the recipe and let me know how it goes! 😉
Garlic Grilled ChickenCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
1 Whole chicken, cut into pieces
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Black pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Chicken spice
2 Tablespoons Vegetable oil
3 cloves Garlic – Crushed or finely chopped
- Prepping your chicken is step number 1. Make sure it’s clean and the meat is firm and fresh.
- Cut your chicken up into pieces and place in a bowl. Season with salt. I used Kosher salt, hence the larger crystals you see on the chicken 🙂
- We then add the 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to the bowl. The oil will make the Chicken shiny ;), and will also prevent it from drying out. We won’t add any other dry seasonings other than Black pepper and Chicken spice. This will suffice 😉
- Measure and add those to the bowl.
- Because the primary flavor in this dish is Garlic, prepare 3 cloves.
- If you have a crusher, then crush your Garlic directly into the bowl. If not then you can chop it finely on a board and then transfer to the chicken. Combine everything well, making sure each piece is well oiled, seasoned and has some Garlic. Allow this to sit and marinade for at least 2 hours before cooking.
- Once that’s done, transfer the chicken to your roasting pan. I used a disposable foil one, just to make cleaning up afterwards easier 😉
- Place the pan under the gill in the oven and allow the chicken to grill for at least 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, open the oven, remove the pan and turn the pieces over using a pair of tongs, and return to the grill for another 25 minutes. The chicken should be browning nicely, but also no longer pink and translucent.
- After 25 minutes, the chicken is ready to plate, and serve 🙂
- Serve with Rice, Fries or even a salad, as desired. Enjoy! 🙂