Howdy folks! 🙂
Today is all about veggies – because they are good for you ! 😉 And our vegetables of choice for this recipe are Broccoli, Cauliflower and Carrots. I’ve actually met a few people who say they don’t eat broccoli and cauliflower because they don’t know how to cook them! Well, that ends today, with this simple, Asian inspired recipe that I know you’ll enjoy!
Let me know how it goes 😉
Cauliflower & Broccoli MedleyCourse: SidesDifficulty: Easy
2 Large Carrots
3 stems of Spring Onion
Aromat – Original seasoning.
2 Tablespoons Soy sauce
1/4 Teaspoon Black pepper
2 Tablespoons of Vegetable oil
- Prep your vegetables by washing them before cooking. Allow the water to drain. Cut your broccoli and cauliflower into manageable, even sizes.
- Peel your carrots with a vegetable peeler, and slice them diagonally. That’s just for the look 😉
- Also prepare your spring onions. Make sure to have both the leaves and the bulb. They add a nice, subtle flavor to your veggies.
- Heat some oil in a Wok or large pan, and add the carrots in first, since they take the longest to cook.
- Next, add the cauliflower after 5 minutes.
- 5 minutes later, add the broccoli.
- Fry that for a couple of minutes, before adding the spring onions. The onions are added last because they cook quickly, and are likely to lose their flavor when over-cooked.
- Ladies and gentlemen, This is seasoning! 🙂 You won’t regret this move. Trust me. Aromat has a way of elevating the taste of vegetables, without being spicy at all. Shake in about 1 Teaspoon’s worth of seasoning. Combine well. Thank me later 😉
- Next, combine your Soy Sauce with 100ml of water. You can certainly add these ingredients to your pan separately, but I did this to kill 2 birds with 1 stone 😉
- Add this to the vegetables, and sprinkle in a bit of Black pepper. Cover, so the vegetables can cook in the steam until the liquid is absorbed. This should be about 5-10 minutes Max. Not more – as you don’t want your vegetables to be overcooked and mushy.
- Serve your vegetables warm, as part of a meal and enjoy! 🙂