Howdy folks! 😊
Ever get tired of eating regular fries all the time? 🤦🏽♀️ If your answer is Yes, then you may be ready to try this delicious version….Sweet Potato Fries! 😋
Sweet potato fries are a delicious way to not only have Sweet potatoes, but they are a wonderful substitute for regular Irish Potato fries. They are sweet, but not overpoweringly so, and the seasonings add just enough flavor to remind you that this is a savory dish. 👌🏾
In this recipe, they are baked and not fried, so you’ll use less oil. And in my books, that’s a healthier version. I promise, you’ll love these fries – and they will be thoroughly enjoyed! 😊
Are you ready to give these a go? Here’s the recipe below :
Sweet Potato FriesCourse: Uncategorised
3 Large Orange Sweet potatoes
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
1 Teaspoon Seasoned Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Dipping Sauce
3 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon Mustard sauce
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
1 Tablespoon fresh Parsley, chopped
1/2 Teaspoon Tamarind/Chili sauce (optional)
- Start by washing and peeling the sweet potatoes. And then Pre-heat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius. 😊
- Next, cut the potatoes into the standard, thin, French fry shape using a sharp knife.
- Then transfer the chips to a large bowl. and soak them in cold water for at least 1 hour. 😊
- Here are the rest of the ingredients you will use :
- After an hour, drain the water and dry the chips with some kitchen paper towel, before transferring them to a dry bowl.
Drizzle the chips with olive oil and toss until fully coated. 😊
- Then, mix the dry seasonings with the cornstarch, and then sprinkle that mixture onto the chips. 😊
- Toss until well coated. 😊
- Spread the chips on a baking sheet in a even layer. Don’t overcrowd the pan and make sure the chips don’t touch. This helps get them crispy.
Bake for 15 minutes, and then remove from the oven and turn the fries over. Bake for another 10 -15 minutes on the other side.
- Once done, remove from the oven and serve as desired. I included a mayonnaise sauce on the side, with mine. 😋
For the sauce, simply mix together in a bowl – the mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, salt, pepper, a dash of chili sauce. Serve on the side.