Howdy folks! 😊
Paprika Spatchcock Chicken is one of my go to recipes when I don’t have a lot of time, but I still want to cook something delicious that will make a statement. And this recipe will definitely make a statement on your taste buds. 😋.
‘Spatchcocking’ just means taking out the backbone and opening up the chicken like a butterfly – 🦋 so it cooks quicker! And the Paprika part is self explanatory….😊
All the fresh and savory ingredients in the marinade make this chicken extra tasty, and I would definitely recommend marinating it for a long time. Overnight is best, for the best results. 👌🏾
Here’s the recipe below, if you’re ready to try this out! 😋
Spatchcock Paprika ChickenCourse: MainDifficulty: Medium
1 Whole Chicken
1 1/2 Tablespoons Regular Paprika powder
1 Teaspoon smoked Paprika
2 Teaspoons salt
1 Teaspoon black pepper
1 Teaspoon Chili (optional),
1 Tablespoon Olive oil
1 Tablespoon Soy sauce
1 Tablespoon Vinegar
1 Teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 Teaspoon chicken spice
1 Teaspoon minced garlic.
- Start with a fresh, medium sized chicken. 😊
- Butterfly or Spatchcock the chicken by removing the backbone and opening it up entirely from the back. Once done, turn it over, breast side up and press down the chicken breast with the palm of your hands, to make it lie flat. 🦋
The cutting process can get a little messy, so make sure t rinse the chicken off and pat dry with some Kitchen paper towel, before proceeding. Set aside once done. 😊
- Here’s a quick shot of some of the ingredients : Salt, Ginger, Garlic, Chicken spice and Paprika. 😊
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients into a marinade paste.
- Then rub the marinade generously all over the chicken. Marinate this covered, for at least 3 hours. Overnight is recommended for best results. 😊
- Transfer the chicken to a roasting pan with a wire rack, and roast in the oven (lower rack) on the grill setting for 15- 20 minutes on each side. 😊
- Once the chicken is ready, allow it to rest for 10 minutes, and then serve it with your favorite sides, such as Sweet Potato Fries or Tomato Cocktail Salad.