Howdy folks! 😊
Because we eat with our eyes first, this warm Chicken and Lettuce salad is as delicious as it is pretty! 🤩
It has all the ingredients to hit the right spot 👌🏾, and at the same time be healthy and a balanced meal. Starch, Veg and protein are all represented so it can definitely stand on its own.💪🏾
The marinated chicken is the star, but this salad wouldn’t be what it is without any of the ingredients in it. The slight sweetness of the sweet potato and apple, the spicy radish and the freshness of the lettuce – and the citus lemon all marry to make this dish very successful. 😋
So, if you’re looking for something different to delight your taste buds and Wow! your guests…here’s the recipe below: 👇🏾
Chicken Lettuce SaladCourse: Main, SidesDifficulty: Easy
1 small head of fresh, crispy Green Lettuce
1 1/2 cups cooked Sweet potato (cubes preferably)
1 Red Radish, thinly sliced
1 Apple, thinly sliced in Wedges
1 bunch, fresh Parsley
1 half of a Lemon
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
1 Red chili (for Garnish)
400g Boneless Chicken, cut up in small pieces (meat of 5 Chicken Thighs)
1 Teaspoon of Chicken Spice
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1/4 Teaspoon salt
1 Teaspoon Fish sauce or White Vinegar
1 1/2 Tablespoons of soy sauce
- Start by removing the bones and cutting the chicken into small pieces. You can also use chicken breast for this, but I prefer chicken thighs, so that’s what I used. 😊
- To the chicken, add the black pepper, chicken spice, fish sauce (Yes, Fish sauce 😊. It adds a unique savory-ness. But if you don’t have it, you can use a teaspoon of Apple cider vinegar instead), soy sauce and salt. Mix well, and set aside to marinade for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, heat the oil in a pan and begin to fry until the chicken is no longer translucent, and the soy sauce starts to caramelize. 😊 About 8 minutes or so.
- Wile the chicken cooks, finely chop the parsley. 😊
- As the final step, add about 2 tablespoons of the finely chopped parsley to the chicken. Combine well and remove from the heat while the parsley is barely cooked. Set aside to cool, but it shouldn’t get completely cold. So work quickly.😊
- ⛔️Make sure all the fruit and vegetables being used are fresh and washed.
Tear the lettuce and arrange as a bed on a platter.
Next, add the apples 🍎 and the cooked sweet potato 🍠 pieces.
- Then, in the next step, add the chicken, radishes, red chili and a sprinkling of fresh Parsley. 😊
In the final step, squeeze the lemon 🍋 and drizzle the juice liberally all over the salad. That acid is the X-factor. 👌🏾
And that’s it! You’re done, and ready to serve!