Howdy folks! 😊
I’d like to think worldwide, everybody knows what Potato salad is, or perhaps has a verson of it….😊
A staple at many dinner tables and family Barbeques…it can get a little boring to eat the same thing cooked the same way, all the time! 🤦🏽♀️
But that ends here! 😊 – with a few substitutions, and additions here and there…we can transform this tired salad to something magical and delicious! 😋
Potato salad will never be the same again! 👊🏾
Here’s the recipe 👇🏾 :
Potato SaladCourse: SidesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
8 Medium Sized Potatoes, peeled
5 Hard Boiled eggs
1 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons Mustard sauce
1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 Teaspoon Celery Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1/2 Medium Onion
3 Sprigs fresh Rosemary
Fresh Parsley, a fistful
- After peeling the potatoes, cut them into reasonably sized cubes. If you’re going for a more rustic vibe, don’t peel the potatoes – the skin is actually quite nutritious 🥔. For this recipe though…we peeled them 😉
- Cook the potatoes in a pot of cold water, with about a half teaspoon of salt, and the 3 sprigs of rosemary. This is so the herb flavor can be infused right into the potatoes. 😊 Cook until the potatoes are soft, but they should still have some structure.
- While the potatoes cook, boil and shell the eggs, and cut them into quarters. Set aside for later. 😊
- Next, mix together in a bowl, the mayonnaise, mustard, black pepper, celery salt and vinegar. This salad dressing is everything guys! Pure fire, I tell you! 😊 Set aside for later.
- Finely chop the onion, and roughly chop the parsley. Also set aside for later 😊.
- And now that everything is ready, we assemble the salad. 😊To a large bowl, add the cooked potatoes which have been drained of excess water – but should still be warm.
Then the boiled eggs, parsley, onion and the seasoned Mayonnaise😋. Mix until evenly combined, and all the ingredients are coated in dressing. Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly. 🧂
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish as desired. 😊
- Serve as a side or…eat the salad on its own! 😋 Yummy! 👌🏾
Pingback: Garlic Butter Steak - www.lubzonline.com
Pingback: Lemon & Herb Spring Chicken - www.lubzonline.com
Looks fantastic! I like a little more crunchiness in my potato salad, so I also put sliced celery stems and peeled, diced Granny Smith apples in mine (the apples add a little surprise sweetness). Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Doc 🙂 Indeed the celery one is a Great variation. I’ve had it a few times, though celery is not popular in my household lol.
The Apple one sounds great, though I haven’t tried it yet- And it will make a great substitute for Celery actually 🙂
Thanks for the tips! 🙂 Sounds like it may be time for a part 2 of the recipe 🙂