Howdy folks! 😊
For those lazy days when you don’t have time or don’t want to spend hours in front of a stove cooking, here’s a recipe you’ll absolutely love that proves that not all canned food is bad 😊 – Tuna Salad!
The fish is already coked, so there’s no cooking required – just a combination of fresh vegetables and dressing, and you’re home and dry. 😊
To it’s own credit, this dish is totally delicious 😋 – and with the fish and vegetables – it is nutritious as well!
A great starter, depending on the size of your lettuce cups, or a meal on its own, if they’re bigger.
So, if you’re ready to give this a go, here’s the recipe below 👇🏾 :
Tuna SaladCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
2 Cans of Tuna
2 Stalks Celery, finely diced
3/4 cup Mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon Mustard
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
1/2 Red Onion finely chopped
2 Tablespoons fresh Parsley, miced
- Here’s a quick picture of some of the things you’ll need. 😊
- Start by finely dicing the Red Onion and Celery – and then also finely chop the celery. 😊
- Also, prepare the dressing in advance. Mix the mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper i a bowl and set aside. 😋
- In a larger bowl, bring all the ingredients together : Tuna, celery, onion, parsley and the mayonnaise dressing. Combine well, but don’t over mix. The salad ought to be chunky, and not pureed 😊.
- Prepare the fresh lettuce leaves to serve the salad in. Trim the leaves to size if you have to. 😊
- Fill the lettuce leaves with a few tablespoons of the salad mixture, and garnish with some parsley. You can also use some pita bread or chapati if you like, and make wraps instead.😊
- Serve and enjoy! 😋