Howdy folks! 🙂
Today is Fish day! And to say I love Fish is a gross understatement! lol. Anyone that knows me well, knows this for a fact 🙂 Fish happens to be my favorite protein, followed by Fish (again lol), chicken, pork, beef and other red meats…in that order lol. I can’t exactly say what I love about it, but it’s probably the delicate texture, coupled with the salty and earthy taste that makes it stand out for me.
Oh, did I mention it is also very versatile and easy to cook? 🙂 Here’s one of my simple, go-to Tilapia (a.k.a Bream) recipes that’s easy to to make, and packed with flavor. You’ll love it!
Try it, and let me know how it goes 😉
Oven Baked Tilapia Fillets in Garlic SauceCourse: MainDifficulty: Medium
4 Deboned Tilapia/Bream fillets
Lemon Pepper Seasoning
Spice for fish
1 Packet of Knorr’s Garlic sauce
3 stems of Spring Onion
1/2 Teaspoon of Dijon mustard
300 ml Boiling water
1/4 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1/4 Teaspoon Oraganum
1/8 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Prepare your fillets. Thaw them out fully if they there frozen.
- Season well with Lemon pepper and the Spice for Fish. These 2 seasonings tend to already contain salt, so unless the type you are using isn’t salty enough – then you can also season lightly with salt.
- Place the fillets in a medium baking dish, which has been pre-greased with a little cooking spray
- Next, we prepare the sauce with the ingredients below. Please leave out the Lemon pepper. It made it into the photo by accident lol. You can make the sauce from scratch (recipe for another day), or use the store bought one like I did 😉
- Combine in a jug, with 300 ml of boiling water.
- Make sure to stir quickly and continuously as the water is being added. At this stage, mix in your mustard as well.
- Pour the sauce over the fish and make sure the fish it is covered/immersed. That way the fish cooks in the sauce and remains moist.
- Cut up your Spring Onions…
- Liberally sprinkle them onto your fish.
- Cover tightly with foil and place in the oven – Bake for 1 hour at 200 degrees Celsius on the middle rack.
- After an hour, remove from the oven and uncover. Careful with the steam!
- Serve warm with your choice of starch and Veggies. I sprinkled the remaining bits of spring Onion on top. Had mine with a vegetable medley of Cauliflower, Broccoli and carrots.
- Enjoy! 🙂