Howdy folks! 🙂
First things first. I love Potatoes! Just thought I should get that out of the way 🙂 . They are so versatile and can be cooked in many different ways. You can have them mashed, roasted, fried, boiled …the list of possibilities is endless.
For this simple recipe, I added a few Fresh herbs for that vibrant, ‘herby’ flavor to liven up what would otherwise be basic, baked potatoes 🙁 . You can use dried herbs as well.
Try out the recipe, and let me know how it goes 😉
Baked Potatoes with Fresh herbsCourse: SidesDifficulty: Easy
10 Baby potatoes, washed.
2 Tablespoons Olive oil
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1 sprig of Parsley
A few leaves of fresh Basil
1 medium sized onion.
1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Potato Spice
- Wash your baby potatoes thoroughly. Do not peel them. The peels are harmless and good for fiber :-). However, you can peel the potatoes, if you must .
- Cut them in half, right though the middle.
- Also, dice up half a medium sized onion.
- Roughly chop your fresh herbs together.
- Place in a bowl.
- Add your olive oil and dry seasonings.
- Combine well, and make sure the potatoes are well coated.
- Transfer to an oven proof casserole dish. Be sure to lightly spray it with cooking spray before transferring the potatoes to the dish.
- Cover with foil and bake in a conventional oven at 180 degrees Celsius for about 1 hour. The steam will help cook the potatoes.
- Remove from the oven and test with a fork. The potatoes should be well done and tender, but still holding their shape.
- Transfer to a side dish to serve and Enjoy! 🙂
- PS. Served mine with Veggies, steak and gravy 😉