Howdy folks! 🙂
On my list of favorite cuisines, Asian is very close to the top… and on this day, I was pretty inspired to make something along those lines. Nothing better than a good ol’ stir fry to hit that note! 😉
Easy to make and yummy to eat, here’s my go to recipe for a colorful chicken stir fry. You can use whatever combination of vegetables you have that are in season, but make it look pretty nonetheless 😉
Chicken Stir FryCourse: MainDifficulty: Medium
2 Chicken Breasts
150 g Baby Corn
150 g Baby Carrots
1/2 Teaspoon Chicken spice
1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1/4 Teaspoon Paprika
1/2 Medium Red Pepper
1/2 Medium Green Pepper
1/2 Medium Yellow Pepper
1 Medium Purple Onion
2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
2 Cloves of Garlic
1 1/2 Teaspoons of Cornstarch
100 ml water
- Prepare your Chicken breast by cutting it into strips, length-wise.
- Heat up the oil and add your chicken to the pan, with the chicken spice, black pepper and salt.
- While that’s cooking, cut up your ginger and crush the garlic using a Garlic crusher, if you have one. If not, finely chopped will do.
- Those will go straight to the pan with the chicken. Fry gently until the chicken is no longer pink and starts to brown, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Proceed to your veggies now, and I’d recommend that you julienne them. However, you can cut them into whatever shape you like, as long as the vegetables are all fairly uniform in size.
- In the pan you’d used to fry the chicken, add your carrots first, as they take longer to cook – so you’re giving them a Head start ;). Cook for 5 minutes.
- Once they begin to soften, add in your baby corn and the peppers. Fry for 5 minutes.
- After that, add the onions. This is because they have a delicate flavor and cook quickly, so they need the least amount of time to cook. Otherwise they will end up mushy and will get lost in the dish.
- After a couple of minutes, return your cooked chicken to the pan.
- With a serving spoon, combine the chicken with the Veggies, for even distribution.
- Make a quick sauce by combining your cornstarch with 100ml of Water, soy sauce and a bit of paprika. Mix well and add to the pan. You don’t want to make too much because this is not a stew. But the sauce just brings everything together 😉
- Allow the sauce to come together and cook for a couple of minutes. It shouldn’t be too thick, but just thick enough to coat your chicken and veggies. Use a serving spoon to make sure everything is well coated in the sauce. Don’t overcook your stir fry! Veggies must be cooked, but still be crunchy!
- Once done, remove from the pan and serve. I served mine on a bed of flagrant Coconut Rice, in keeping with the Asian theme 😉
- Eat and Enjoy! 🙂
- P.S.S Sprinkle some Sesame seeds on top for extra jazz 😉