Howdy folks! 😊
I don’t know if there’s a dish as simple to make as mashed potatoes! 😊 And because it’s so simple, it becomes all about the taste! You can have boiled potatoes, crushed with the back of a wooden spoon and seasoned with salt….or you can elevate this dish with a couple of ingredients for that smooth, and creamy taste that leaves you reaching for another forkful!😋
For those that chose option B, this recipe does exactly that 😊 . Elevates the humble potato to a creamy delicious side that you’ll be happy to serve with any meal.
Here’s what you’ll need :
Creamy Mashed PotatoesCourse: SidesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
8 Medium Potatoes
1/2 cup Butter
1/2 cup Milk (hot)
1/2 cup fresh Cream (hot)
1/2 Teaspoon Aromat seasoning
Sprinkling of Pepper
1 Tablespoon of Mayonnaise
- Start by washing and peeling your potatoes. If you’re going for a more rustic dish, you can leave the skins on. Will post a rustic mash recipe soon. But this isn’t it. 😊
- Once done peeling, you can cook the potatoes whole… but if you’re trying to be efficient with your time, do cube them up like this 😊 .
- Bring to the boil, covered for about 10 minutes. If a knife can slice through the potatoes without resistance, then they are ready. 😊
- Drain the potatoes and pour out the excess water.
- Using a Hand masher, quickly mash through the potatoes until they are almost powdery. You need to do this quickly, so that the potatoes can retain their heat. 😊
- Next, we will add the rest of out ingredients. Start by combining the hot milk and fresh Cream. I use half and half for maximum creaminess, but you’re welcome to use just milk, as well. 😊
- Add the butter to the bowl of potatoes, and mix well using a hand mixer until fully absorbed.
- Sprinkle in the Aromat seasoning, and black pepper. If you don’t have Aromat, regular salt will do.😊
- Next, add the Mayonnaise and pour in the milk mixture slowly, while mixing. The Mayonnaise will add a little bit of tangy-ness to your mashed potatoes, and it’s always a wonderful surprise. 😊
- Once done mixing, use a spatula to cream everything together, and voila! You’re done. 😊
- Transfer to a serving bowl, and drizzle with a little bit of melted butter on top. Garnish with some fresh herbs. I used Rosemary. Serve with Beef stew or any other dish, with gravy. You’ll love this! 😋 Enjoy! 😊
Pingback: Planning your Christmas meal - www.lubzonline.com
Pingback: Chicken in Mushroom sauce - www.lubzonline.com
Pingback: Whole Roasted Chicken - www.lubzonline.com
Pingback: Butternut Mash - www.lubzonline.com
Pingback: Marinated Pork Neck cuts - www.lubzonline.com