Howdy folks! 😊
One of the things I like about summer is all the interesting cold drinks you get to have, now that the weather is in your favor!😊 I happen to be a Tea-lover, and sometimes the heat just doesn’t bode well with my equally hot tea. And because I’m not prepared to give up drinking tea completely in the summer months, this is where Iced Tea comes in 😉
A popular American drink that is sure to refresh anytime and anywhere in the world, here’s what you’ll need to make it :
Strawberry Iced TeaCourse: DrinksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
400g Fresh strawberries
4 Teabags ( Earl grey, Roiboos …etc)
1 1/2 cups Sugar
3 large lemons (Juice only)
- Start by preparing your strawberries – removing the leaves and cutting them in half.
- In a saucepan, bring your strawberries, sugar and 1 1/2cups of water to boil, for 15 minutes.
- It may get frothy…but not to worry 😉
- After about 15 minutes or when the strawberries are very soft, go in with a potato masher and mash the strawberries to a pulp.
- Run the pulp through a sieve and press gently with a spoon, to extract the most syrup. Bottle up your syrup and refrigerate it, once cool.
- Take 4 teabags of your preferred tea, and cover with boiling water. About 1.5l.
- Allow this to steep for at least 5 minutes, or to your preferred strength. Let it cool, then transfer to a jug and refrigerate.
- Once everything is cold, you can now put the drink together😊. Make sure you have a large enough pitcher, ice, fresh strawberries, the juice of 3 lemons, your strawberry syrup and the cold tea, all on hand.
- The ice and fresh strawberries will go into the pitcher first.
- Followed by the strawberry syrup and lemon juice.
- Last, but not the least, your black tea. Make sure to taste and add tea to your desired level of sweetness/concentration, so it’s better to go slow here 😉. Stir well.
- Isn’t that pretty? 😊
- Serve in individual mason jars/glasses with some fresh strawberries and ice. Don’t forget the straw!
- Enjoy! 😊🥂