Howdy folks! 😊
I will continue to root for mangoes until I exhaust all the Mango recipes I know! 😂✊🏽
Here’s another easy one – Mango and Tomato salsa! This is the perfect side dish if you’re having barbecue or grills – and it also goes really well in wraps. But, you can also eat it just as it is, as a salad. 😋
So easy to prepare. No cooking involved, just in-season fruit and veggies – and a good knife! 😊 Here’s what you need to do :
Mango and Tomato SalsaCourse: Recipes and Food things…, Sides, Vegetables and SaladsCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
1 Large Mango, ripe
1 medium Red Onion
1 Red Pepper
1 Green Pepper
Juice of 1 Lime/Lemon
- Start with the mango, slicing the flesh away from the stone and dicing it up into small cubes. I tend to buy the largest sized mango…so I only use 1 😊. Also peel and chop up the red onion into small cubes.
- Set that aside in the ‘assembly bowl’ 😊
- Next, do the same with the red pepper, tomato and green pepper. Cutting them up into cubes. Also finely chop the coriander 😊
- Add all of those ingredients to the bowl.
- Season well, with some salt and pepper…👩🏽🍳
- And then, for the final step, drizzle in the lime/lemon juice and mix everything together. That acid awakens the sweetness in the mango and really just brings this simple dish all together 😋. You’ll be pleasantly surprised! Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- With salsa’s like this, I find that the longer everything stays together, the better it tastes 😋. So you can actually make this early or even a day before, to eat later. The lemon would have infused into the fruit and veggies, and everything just tastes so sweet and fresh! Mix through once before serving, and enjoy! 😊
- P.S Had mine with some grilled pork belly, pita bread…and a few other things 😋