Howdy folks! 😊
Avocados 🥑 are among my most favorite ‘fruits’ to eat. There’s just something special about them. I’m not sure if its the creamy texture or the non-sweet, earthy taste – but they are both delicious and versatile. 👌🏾
In these parts, Avocados are mostly eaten mashed up with sugar, but on this day, we went the savoury route with Guacamole. 😋
Guacamole is a Mexican dip/salad/spread that is served as a condiment or with chips and other ingredients as a side on its own. This one was served as part of a BBQ spread, to great reviews. 😋👌🏾
Ready to give this a go? Here’s there recipe below :
GuacamoleCourse: Appetizers, SnacksCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
1 Large Avocado
1 medium Tomato
1/2 Red Onion
1/2 Green Pepper
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
Juice of 1 Lime
1/8 Teaspoon Chili powder (optional)
- Depending on the size of your Avocado, you may need one or two. Remove the seed and cut the flesh into pieces. 😊
- Transfer to a bowl and mash with a fork. 😊
- Add Salt and Pepper.
- Next, proceed to finely chop the Green Pepper and tomato…
- Also do the same with the red Onion and fresh Coriander. 😊
- Add all of these ingredients to the Avocado bowl.
- This is freshly squeezed lime juice. Add that to the bowl, as well. The bit of acidity will really bring this dip to life 😋
- Mix all the ingredients together and be sure to taste for seasoning. 😊
- I served mine with some chapati chips. 😊 Leftover chapatis which I cut into wedges and shallow fried till crispy. You can also use Doritos or regular potato chips.
- Transfer the Guacamole to your serving dish, and garnish as desired. Serve and Enjoy! 😋