Howdy Folks! 😊
If you’re having friends over, or just want to have a meal with an interesting starter, Deviled eggs are the way to go. And I’m certain they are probably among the easiest dishes to make! 😊
You may think it’s just plain, ol’ eggs, but you’ll be pleasantly surprised with this variation which comes with a bit of herby freshness with the addition of Dill, and the flavour of Spring onion that comes through in the Cream cheese 😋
I can guarantee that these will be a hit every time you make them. And that you’ll likely thank me later 😉
Here goes :
Deviled Eggs – Version 1Course: AppetizersDifficulty: Easy
8 Chicken Eggs
1 Tablespoon Mustard Sauce
130g Cream Cheese (Spring Onion and Chives flavor)
1/4 Teaspoon black pepper
1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise (Optional)
- As expected, you’ll need eggs 😊 . The rule of thumb here is 1 egg per person.
- Boil the eggs for about 10 minutes, because you want the yolks to be fully cooked and not runny. Peel the eggs and cut them in half, extracting the yolks. Set the ‘empty’ egg whites aside.
- For the filling, most traditional recipes call for Mayonnaise, which is good, though if you’re going for extra, extra-ness, I recommend you go for a flavored Cream Cheese, like the spring onion and chives one I used. You won’t regret it 😉. Make sure to break up the yolks first with a fork, to as fine a powder as you can, before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Combine the Egg yolks with the Cream Cheese, Mustard sauce, black pepper and finely chopped Dill. Try to get the mixture as smooth as possible, smoothing out any lumps that may have formed 😊. (The Mayonnaise is optional if you want a really creamy and tangy filling, but it may also result in a ‘runnier’ consistency).
- Once the mixture is nice and smooth, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour, or until you are ready to fill your egg whites 😊
- You can use a spoon to do the filling, or you can go the extra mile and use a piping bag. I couldn’t find one for the life of me, so I improvised using a Ziploc bag 😊. Fill the bag with the egg yolk filling and then pipe the filling carefully into each egg white.
- Garnish with the left-over Dill, snipping the leaves liberally over the eggs using a pair of Kitchen shears.
- And that’s it, folks! 😁 Proceed to serve and enjoy this yummy delight!
- You’re welcome 😉