Howdy folks! 😊
Writing this on the first of January, so we are technically still in Mango season. Like most people, I want to start the year on a ‘healthier’ note, so I thought, why not make more fruit smoothies? 😋
There’s so many different ways to eat mangoes, and we’re almost ‘all mangoed out’ at this point…but a smoothie never went out of style, so here goes 😉 :
Mango and Banana SmoothieCourse: DrinksDifficulty: Easy
2 large Mangoes, ripe
1 Banana, ripe
1/2 cup pure Mango Juice
1/2 cup Mazoe Orange crush (undiluted)
4 Ice Cubes, slightly crushed
- Start with washing the mangoes. Make sure they are ripe. 😊
- I usually peel them, and cut the flesh into cubes. Makes it easier on the blender 😉. Because I want this to be a cold and icy smoothie, I want all the ingredients to be cold and/or frozen. This small mango packet I made with a ziplock bag will find itself in the freezer until ready for use. 😊
- You can do the same for the Banana. For this one though, make sure the fruit is firm, and well frozen, and not semi-solid, as it won’t taste very good otherwise 😕
- When you’re ready to make the smoothie, add your frozen mango to the blender, together with the banana, and blend for 2 minutes to break the fruit down.
- Then add the liquids – half a cup of Mazoe Orange crush (undiluted) and half a cup of pure Mango Juice. Blend together 😊.
- Finally, add in the partially crushed ice cubes and blend well. After a couple of minutes, your smoothie is ready to drink! 😁
- Serve in a Mason Jar with some fresh Mint to garnish, and Enjoy! 😊 Preferably outside😋