Howdy folks! 😊
I know Chocolate is among the absolute favorites for many when it comes to ‘Cake flavors’ , and so our site would have been incomplete without a trusted and absolutely delicious Chocolate cake recipe. This one I can promise you, is exactly that. Here now, sharing with you my go-to Chocolate cake recipe – guaranteed to turn out moist, with a nice crumb and absolutely delicious. 👌🏾
The chocolate ganache/sauce is also easy to make and is a great accompaniment for the cake. 😋 It also makes the cake look extra -yummy. With 2 simple ingredients, you can’t go wrong.
Make this cake for your next family event or meal. I’m certain everyone will be greatly impressed. 😊
So without further ado…here we go:
Chocolate Bundt CakeCourse: DessertDifficulty: Medium
2 Cups Flour
2 Teaspoons Bicarbonate of Soda
2 Cups Sugar
3/4 Cup unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 cup Sour Milk/Buttermilk
1 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 Cup Warm Water
- Chocolate Ganache
170g Chocolate chips or cubes
1/2 cup Whipping cream
- 😊Start by preheating the oven to 160 degrees Celcius, and preparing your banking pan.
Grease it, then dust it with flour, so that the cake doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Measure and sieve all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl , and set aside once done. 😊
- In another bowl, whisk all the wet ingredients together and set aside. 😊
- To the dry ingredients, add the warm water first, then mix.
- And then pour in the remaining wet ingredients. Mix for about 2 minutes until smooth, and well combined. 😊
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking pan and bake for 40 mins or until a skewer comes away clean when inserted. 😊
- Remove the cake from the oven, and allow it to to sit for 10 minutes in the pan, before before turning it over and allowing it to cool further. 😊
- 👩🏽🍳 While the cake cools – you can make the ganache.
Heat the cream in a small saucepan until it just simmers. Add the chocolate to a bowl and then pour the cream over it. Let this sit for about 3 minutes, until the chocolate starts to melt. Whisk through (not too vigorously) until smooth then set aside until ready to use. About 10 minutes, so that the ganache is still a pouring consistency.
- Once the cake has cooked completely, drizzle with the ganache and decorate with some chocolate candies.
- Serve and Enjoy! 😋