Howdy Folks! 😊
We’re turning up the sweet factor today with my go to recipe for Vanilla Cupcakes 😋. Everyone needs a cupcake recipe in their arsenal, for those days when you need a ‘Pick me up,’ or when you want to impress your Tea guests, or when you have no idea what to make for dessert, and you just want to make something….lol!
This recipe is so easy – You’ll be done in no time, whether you’re an amateur baker or a pro.
Follow these simple instructions and I promise the cupcakes will turn out great! Guaranteed hit! 😊
Folks have been known to have difficulty sharing these…🙈
Let’s see how it goes :
Vanilla CupcakesCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
1 1/2 cups All purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large Eggs
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Essence
1 1/2 cups unsalted Butter
1 Cup Castor Sugar
1 1/2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
1/2 cup milk
- Start by preheating the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Also, prepare your baking pan by lining the muffin cups with the lining paper. Alternatively, you can grease the pan and dust with flour if you don’t have these paper cups. 😊
- The next step is to sieve the dry ingredients together. That is, flour, salt, baking powder.
- After that, we turn to the wet ingredients. 😊
- Start by creaming the sugar and butter until smooth and fluffy.
- Next, beat the eggs into the mixture, one at a time.
- Add to that the milk, and mix.
- Then lastly, for the wet ingredients, in goes the vanilla essence. Mix until combined. 😊
- Once that’s combined, slowly incorporate the dry ingredients (sieved flour, baking powder and salt) into the wet mixture with a spatula. ⛔️ Don’t over-mix though.
- Transfer the batter into your muffin cups and bake for about 20 minutes, at 180 degrees Celsius. P.S – Try not to over-fill the muffin cups 😊
- After 20 minutes, they should be ready but use the ‘skewer test’ to make sure the cupcakes are done, and allow them to completely cool on a wire rack. 😊
- No cupcake is complete without frosting 😋 , so you’ll need to make a batch for these. You’ll need Butter and some icing sugar, to start. That’s the packet on the right, for the uninitiated 😊. You’ll need about 2 1/2 – 3 cups, depending on how firm you want the icing to be.
- Cream the Icing sugar together with 1 cup of butter, 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla and 1 Tablespoon of milk. 😊
- Once that is smooth and combined, pipe the icing onto your cupcakes and decorate them with some ‘Hundreds and Thousands’ on top. They look so lovely! And Tasty too! 😋
- Enjoy! 😋
I will definitely try…. beautiful. Thank you.
You’re welcome! 🙂