Howdy folks! 😊
With all the fresh fruit in season at this time of year, why let so much good stuff go to waste? 😊 If you have excess fruit wasting away in your kitchen, or maybe you’re all ‘fruited’ out from eating different ones, here’s an alternative way you can have fruit in your diet. Make smoothies! 😊
They are so easy to make, very filling and you can try different fruit combinations to come up with unique tastes and flavors! 😊
Had some mangoes and strawberries at home, and so I made this smoothie combo for breakfast this past weekend – and I absolutely loved it.
You will too! 😊
Here’s the recipe :
Strawberry Mango SmoothieDifficulty: Easy
300g Fresh Strawberries
1 Med-Large sized Mango
4 Ice cubes
300 ml Natural/ Plain Yogurt
2 Tablespoons of Honey ( or to taste)
- Make sure your strawberries are fresh and ripe, but also slightly firm. Rinse them before use 🙂
- You’ll also need 1 medium sized large mango,ripe. And a tub of Natural yogurt.
- To protect the blades of your blender, the yogurt goes in first and then the fruit.
- I also add in 4 Ice cubes for a more pour-able consistency, as well as a cooler temperature. If you like your smoothies to be thick and ‘porridge like’ in consistency you can skip the ice cubes 😉
- Cover with the lid and let the blender do its thing for about 5 minutes 🙂
- Once everything is well blended, you can give it a quick taste. If you need more sweetness, drizzle in a little honey and blend for about 5 seconds before serving.
And that’s it! 🙂 I used a leftover strawberry to garnish the glass and make the drink look pretty 😉
- If you’re using medium sized glasses, this would serve 4. If you’re using giant goblets like this one…then it would be 2 😉
- And there you have it! Enjoy 🙂