Howdy folks! 😊
I am a mushroom lover, so anything with mushroom to me is totally delicious!
But to have mushroom with pasta is such a tasty, and even hearty combination.
Mushrooms are a great substitute for meat, but they definitely hold their own. I promise you won’t even miss the meat in this. Combined with the flavors of garlic and the cheese…I’m excited already!
If you’re ready to give this a go, here’s the recipe below 😊 :
Mushroom PastaCourse: MainCuisine: Italian, VegetarianDifficulty: Medium
400g Mixed Mushrooms
3 cloves of Garlic
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
1 large Red Onion
3 Tablespoons Butter
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
1 cup Milk
1 Cup cooked Peas
- Start by cooking the pasta in plain water, seasoned with salt. 😊
- While the pasta cooks, start working on the mushrooms. They really are the star of this dish, so do treat them well 😊. I usually buy this packet of roughly chopped mixed mushrooms. That way I get to have at least 3 different kinds of mushrooms without buying separate packets. 😊
- After a quick rinse, chop up the mushrooms into bite sized pieces, but not too small. Set aside once done. 😊
- Also chop up the Garlic and and the Red Onion. 😊
- In a pan, melt the butter and saute the onions and garlic for 3 minutes. After that, add the mushrooms and Basil to the pan. Allow the mixture to cook for about 5 minutes. 😊
- To the mushrooms, add half the milk and allow the mixture to boil. 😊
- Next, add the cooked pasta to the pan and combine with the mushrooms.
- Then add the peas and the remaining milk. Cover the pan and cook for 3 minutes. Expect the sauce should thicken up a bit.
After that, the dish is done. 😊
- Serve immediately, and enjoy! 😊