Howdy folks! 😊
There’s not too many people I know who do not like fried chicken! It’s a firm global favorite, really 😊. And there are many different variations of how its made. This is just one recipe of the many I’ll share in this category. Though in the end I guess – it will still be lovely fried chicken 🍗😋.
If you miss going to your favorite Fried chicken spot to pick up those takeaways, try this recipe and make your own at home! 😊
Guaranteed deliciousness! 😋.
Do give this a try and let know how it turns out! 😊
Crispy Fried ChickenCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
1 Full Chicken
2 Tablespoons Seasoned salt
2 Tablespoons Black Pepper
2 Tablespoons Paprika
2 Cups All purpose Flour
2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
2 Tablespoons Onion Powder
2 Teaspoons Chili Powder/ Sauce (optional)
1 1/2 cups Sour Milk
- Start by cutting the chicken into pieces. This should yield about 10 pieces. 😊
- Season with black pepper and seasoned salt. Rub the chicken well with these ingredients. 😊
- Chop up the cloves of garlic and add those to the dish. We want to add as much flavor to the chicken as possible. 😊
- To complete the marinade, add the sour milk and Chili sauce (if using), and combine well. This is typical of southern style American fried chicken, to marinade the chicken in sour milk. Makes for really tender and juicy chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to marinade for at least 4 hours. Overnight, for best results. 😊
- While the chicken marinades, proceed to prepare the seasoned flour for coating. These are the spices that will go into the flour : Paprika, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper. You can add more spices if you like, but these are the basics 😊. Whisk these into the flour to have an even mix.
- Transfer the chicken pieces from the marinade to the seasoned flour and coat each piece well. For a thicker coating, you can do this step twice, returning the floured piece to the marinade and then coating them again with flour before frying. (Once isboften enough though). 😊
- Deep fry the pieces until they are golden brown and the Chicken is cooked through. ⛔️ Be careful to watch the temperature though, to prevent the Chicken from getting too brown on the outside, before it’s fully cooked on the inside.
- Transfer the cooked chicken pieces from the oil, onto a wire rack so that the excess oil can drain out. 😊
- Serve the chicken with your favorite side of fries 🍟or a salad 🥗. 😊Enjoy! 😋