Howdy folks! 😊
They say Chocolate is the language of the heart, so it goes without saying that everyone needs to have at least one chocolate recipe in their arsenal.
If you’re a beginner baker, or prefer the convenience of cupcakes over cake…this recipe is for you! 😊
Cupcakes are perfect as a dessert, or to go with afternoon Tea. They are also very convenient, since everyone helps themselves to one (or two) and there’s less mess to clean afterwards!
This Chocolate cupcake recipe is my go-to recipe, which results in these moist, and rich chocolate-y results! 😊
If you’re ready to make these and impress, try the recipe below 😊 :
Chocolate CupcakesCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
1 Cup All purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened Cocoa powder
1 3/4 Teaspoon baking powder
2 Teaspoons Vanilla essence
2 large Eggs
1/4 Teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Brown sugar
1/2 cup Castor Sugar
1/2 cup Buttermilk/Sour milk
1/3 Cup + 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
4 cups Icing Sugar
1 Cup Butter
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Tablespoon Milk
1/2 Cup Cocoa powder
- Start by arranging the paper liners in the baking pan, and pre-heating the oven to 180 degrees Celsius before you start the actual baking 😊.
- Next, sift together all the dry ingredients, except the sugar. So that leaves the flour, cocoa powder, salt and Baking powder 😊.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the sugar and the eggs until well combined. If you don’t have brown sugar, regular sugar will do. But the reason for the brown sugar is becuse it has molases, it brings extra caramel flavor to the cupcakes. There is a difference😊
- Once combined, add the sour cream/butter milk to the egg mixture.
- Then, gradually add the dry ingredients to the bowl, a little at a time until all the flour is in the bowl 😊
- Please don’t overmix! 😊
- Pour the mixture into the muffin cups and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the centre should come out clean, then you know they are done. 😊
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the frosting – In a separate bowl, combine 4 cups of icing sugar, with 1 cup butter, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 1 Tablespoon Milk and 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract to make the frosting. 😊
- Use a piping bag if you have one, or the corner of a strong plastic bag to pipe the frosting onto your cupcakes. 😊
- Serve as desired, and enjoy! 😊
- Yummy 😊