Howdy folks! 😊
If you are a potato lover like me, you’ll probably love baby potatoes. Easy to cook and quite versatile. Because they are small in size they go into stews perfectly – whole, and are also good for roasting.
Why bother peeling them, when the skin adds some ‘rustic deliciousness’? 😋 You’re welcome to peel them, but the skin does contain nutrients lol.
Here’s a recipe of one of my favorite ways to eat baby potatoes. Roasted in the oven with a hint Garlic and Thyme. 👌🏾
Hope you enjoy it, as much as I do! 😋
Roasted Baby PotatoesCourse: SidesDifficulty: Easy
1kg washed Baby Potatoes
4 cloves Garlic
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Baby potatoes are usually sold well scrubbed, but a quick rinse is always recommended 😊 . Drain the water and allowed to dry.
- These are your seasonings : Thyme, Garlic, Salt, Pepper and Olive oil. The garlic and thyme are for flavor while the coating of oil ensures the potatoes don’t dry out and remain creamy inside. 😋
- Mince the garlic, separate the Thyme from the stems and then add all the ingredients to the bowl. Toss everything together until well coated.
- You can roast these in a well greased oven proof dish, or also use a foil-lined pan.
Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes, occasionally turning them, every 10 minutes for even cooking.
- Once ready, test for doneness using a knife, and serve with your favorite starch and veggies. I’d suggest Garlic Butter Steak 😋