Howdy folks! 🙂
Introducing my all-time favorite drink and the ultimate summer thirst-quencher – Lemonade! You should see the smile on my face as I type this 🙂
Made from a simple syrup recipe, with amazing results – this should be a regular in your home, every summer.
Here’s my go-to recipe for basic lemonade. I’ll be sure to post a few variations to this recipe in the near future, for other versions of Lemonade.
For now though, Enjoy! 😉
Refreshing LemonadeCourse: DrinksDifficulty: Easy
6 Lemons (or enough harvest 1 cup of Lemon Juice)
1 Cup water
Cold water to dilute
1 1/2 Cups of Sugar
1 Teaspoon Lemon zest
- The star of the show, ladies and gentlemen is Lemons 🙂
- Wash and cut your lemons in half to extract the juice. I’d recommend using a kitchen tool, since squeezing by hand may not be as effective – and leaves some of the juice behind. We are aiming for maximum extraction 😉
- You’ll also need a cup and a half of sugar. Get that ready.
- Using a zester grater, zest a few of the lemons, till you have about a teaspoon of lemon zest.
- Add the sugar to a saucepan, with the lemon zest, and the 1 cup of water to make a syrup.
- Boil the mixture for about 5 minutes at medium-high heat, until the sugar dissolves and the zest has released its flavor. Then add in the 1 cup of fresh lemon juice. Stir through and allow the mixture to cool.
- Once the syrup has cooled, strain out the lemon zest using a fine strainer, and store in a container in the fridge. This should remain refrigerated until ready to use.
- When ready to serve, dilute the syrup with cold water to taste, and serve with Ice and slices of lemon to garnish.
- Drink and Enjoy! 🙂